Sheetz is a highly recognized Mid-Atlantic restaurant and convenience store in America. It presently prides itself as one of the leading 100 companies to work for with reasonable discounts for employees. This article will provide you with the necessary details you need to know about Sheetz tuition assistance for its employees. Read on to find out if you qualify for Sheetz Tuition assistance as an employee.
Does Sheetz pay for college?
No, Sheetz doesn’t pay for any employee’s college tuition at the moment. You are to pay for your college tuition yourself. Sheetz however offers employees tuition reimbursement benefits. Your tuition costs will be reimbursed by Sheetz Convenience store management. A percentage of your tuition will be paid per semester or year.
What’s Sheetz College Tuition Reimbursement package?
Sheetz College Tuition Reimbursement package previously offered $750 per semester ($1,500 per year). Recently, it tripled its College Tuition Reimbursement program offering $5,250 per year ($2,625 a semester) tuition to any employee enrolled in its College Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Does Sheetz partner with colleges?
Yes, Sheetz partners with colleges to spur its employees to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree, offering them new educational opportunities and career development. Sheetz partners with over 26 colleges and universities such as Penn State Altoona and Penn State World Campus, Robert Morris University, Pittsburgh, Lackawanna college, Penn Highlands Community College, Mount Aloysius College, and so on.
How to qualify for Sheetz College Tuition Reimbursement?
- You must be an employee at Sheetz
- You have to be enrolled in a college or university in partnership with Sheetz
- You must work for at least 30 hours per week
- You must have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You must maintain a GPA of 3.0
Does Sheetz offer scholarships?
Yes, Sheetz offers scholarships. It awards multiple scholarships to employees with outstanding character, academics, community involvement, and leadership via the “Big Joe Scholarship Fund.” As a recipient of the award, your children and stepchildren also get to benefit from the scholarship program.
Do Sheetz employees get discounts on gas?
Yes, as an employee you are qualified to get discounts on gas. There’s is also a discount on food and drink. There are other discounts in areas where Sheetz has partnerships. They include
• Wireless Services
• New car discount with select dealers
• Car rental discounts
• Half-off Carwashes
• Credit union
• Fitness Facility partnerships
• Hotel/Motel discounts
• Pet Insurance
• Tickets at Work
• Recreational Activity discounts
• Retailer discounts
• Education scholarship opportunities
• Adoption Assistance
What are Sheetz employee benefits?
- You are entitled to a quarterly bonus regardless of your position in the store.
- Your take-home pay is highly competitive and can sustain you and your family.
- Your working hours are flexible.
- You are open to career growth
- As a full-time staff that has worked for up to a year at Sheetz, you are eligible to get a one-week paid vacation in addition to four personal days a year. If you have two to six years of service at Sheetz, you are eligible to get two weeks of paid vacation.
- Sheetz has 3 wellness centers providing free on-site care, screenings, and health coaching to workers and qualified dependents. It also offers stress-management and health-education sessions/
- There is periodic training at Sheetz providing the opportunity for you in entry-level positions to move up and become a supervisor, support staff, store manager, or Assistant Manager.
- You get free tea, coffee, and fountain drinks while working. You also get half of the prepared food while on the clock, and 10% off everything in the store.
- Sheetz does health insurance. It encompasses dental, medical, vision, prescriptions, and disability insurance.
Does Sheetz pay its employees weekly?
No, Sheetz doesn’t pay its employees weekly. It pays employees bi-weekly. Employees earn between 50 cents to $2 per hour. Your earnings as a Sheetz employee depend on your role, experience, and longevity at Sheetz.
Team members’ average earnings range between $14.50 and $16 while supervisors’ earnings range between $17.50 and $20.
The high-income earners at Sheetz are the assistant manager and the retail supervisor earning above $20 per hour.
In conclusion, there are a sundry of opportunities available for you as a Sheetz employee aside from the education perks where you can earn a degree at a little or no cost and with your tuition reimbursed from any of the colleges in partnership with Sheetz. Sheetz values its employees. To prove their worth, they keep investing in them through competitive pay and several benefit packages.
This article has stated how you can qualify for a tuition discount as an employee of Sheetz, and the benefits of working for Sheetz company. Feel free to refer to the beginning of this article for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sheetz
When did Sheetz start its College Tuition Reimbursement Program?
It started in 2012 and thousands of employees have benefited from it.
Why did Sheetz partner with colleges and universities?
Sheetz partnered with colleges and universities to discount tuition for its employees. The College Tuition Reimbursement Program is for full-time and part-time students.
What are people saying about Sheetz?
“I am relieved of the financial burden of paying for classes. I can concentrate on juggling school, work, and my family. Sheetz tuition assistance has encouraged me to be assiduous thereby making my family proud,” says Vanessa Casad Rose, Sheetz Employee Relations Specialist.
“Sheetz Tuition Assistance has helped minimize my loans as a student. I can afford my next semester’s tuition as well as buy books for the next semester,” says Dana Long, Sheetz System Support Technician.
What is Sheetz into?
Sheetz is a private retail company situated in Altoona, Pennsylvania. As a restaurant and convenience store, they stock essential everyday items such as eggs, milk, butter, bread, over-the-counter drugs, coffee, ice-creams, soft drinks, snacks, packaged food, tickets, recharge cards, toiletries, gas, newspapers, magazines and so on.
How many stores does Sheetz have?
Sheetz has over 300 convenience stores spanning Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Maryland.
What are Sheetz’s opening and closing hours?
Sheetz delivers a 24-hour 7 days service convenience store.
Image source- Vector