The Gulder Ultimate Search reality Show is gradually coming to a wrap. The show kicked off some weeks back with about 18 contestants. So far, 11 contestants have been evicted, remaining only seven.
These are the evicted housemates from GUS 12 Reality show
(GUS casts can be viewed here- https://youtu.be/W3Cu4BTOvYg)
- Olayinka Gabriel Omoya: Olayinka is a Yoruba boy; he is from the western part of Nigeria. He is an artist, a writer, and a content creator. He considers himself to be jovial and down to earth. He has a great sense of humor. He wants to be an A-list musician and redefine the afro-pop genre.
- Mikel Mfon Esin: Mfon is from the south-south. He is from Akwa-Ibom, enjoys the game of soccer, and is an ardent supporter of Arsenal F.C. He likes adventure, writing, and reading. He is a Casanova and considers himself uniquely charming. He dislikes injustice and would go to any length to ensure people are treated right.
- Gerald Oghenemega Odeka: Gerald won Gold, silver, and bronze at the 2012 edition of the National Sports Festival and was at the World Athletics Championship in Russia in 2013. He hopes to bring good content to the show and create a platform for himself that he plans to build on after the show.
- Emmanuel Ifeanyi Nnebe: Emmanuel is an Igbo boy. He is from the eastern part of Nigeria. He is a paralegal and a model. He was the face of Sapphire 2020. He is self-motivated with a desire to be a lawyer someday. He plans to start a fashion school in the nearest future. He is writing a book and looks forward to publishing it in the nearest future.
- Inabasi Eme Umoren: Anabasis is from the South-South. He is from Akwa ibom state. He studied computer technology. He loves to sing and produce music. He was the winner of the “Kill Me Beat” competition in 2018. His stage name is “Saint Bond.” He has a black belt ( Shotokan Karate). He plans to entertain the viewers. He says he will be the “life of the party.” during the show.
- Orevaoghene Goodswill Oboh: Orevaoghene is from the south-south. He is from Edo state. He runs his own event lighting company. He is a graduate of Electrical Electronics. He plays the bass guitar. He is a model. He aspires to grow his business and offer unique services.
- Tobechukwu Malachy Okoye: Tobechukwu is an Igbo boy; he is from the eastern part of Nigeria. He is from Anambra State. He is a part-time student. He enjoys watching football. He is a fan of real Madrid. He is smart, creative and wouldn’t shy away from any challenge that comes his way.
- Osasere Agbonile Junior: Osas is from the south-south. He is from Edo state. He is a fitness instructor, a model, and also plays football in the State Amateur league. He also likes to enjoy life behind the camera as a part-time actor. He aspires to own his NGO to cater to the less privileged, hoping to give them hope for a better future. He is 32 years old.
- Opeyemi Samuel Ishmael: Opeyemi is an I.T. expert. He wants to become a Scrum Master. He plays basketball for Leisure and loves climbing mountains. He is a Yoruba boy; he is from the western part of Nigeria.
- Jennifer Goodness Okorie: Jennifer is an Igbo girl. She is from the eastern part of Nigeria. She is a student of philosophy. She runs a small fashion business. She is an athlete and loves listening to different genres of music. She swims to relax and plans to be a broadcaster at graduation.
- Tosin Michael Emiola: Tosin is a Yoruba boy. He is from the western part of Nigeria. He works as an air-traffic control simulator officer at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology Kaduna. He is married and has a daughter. He has mastered the art of multitasking and can read, write, and talk simultaneously without losing concentration. He has a flair for MCing and being a talk show host. It is his 5th attempt into GUS. He plans to be the Ultimate man and not the second fiddle.
Who among the remaining contestants do you think would win the prize money?
About Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS)
GUS is an acronym for “Gulder Ultimate Search,” a very popular reality television show where the successfully chosen contestants are given tasks (intellectual and physical) and always searching for a missing treasure.
The contestant who finds the missing treasure is always rewarded handsomely in cash and with material things.
GUS kicked off in the early 2000s. The first edition of GUS was in 2004. The reality show was aired consecutively for eleven years before the organizers stopped the show abruptly. It stopped in the year 2014.
Several reality shows like BBNaija, Maltina Dance Hall, Maltavator challenge, Dance with Peter, and so on merged in the absence of GUS.
Regardless of the introduction of these other reality shows, people still yearned for GUS to return on the widescreen as most of them said it is better than other reality shows.
Fast forward to 2021, the organizers decided to satisfy people’s yearnings and brought back the GUS show.
This year’s edition of GUS is season 12. The theme is “Age of Craftsmanship.” Only 18 contestants made it to the jungle out of the thousands that auditioned for the show.
The GUS 2021 anchor is Toke Makinwa, while the Taskmaster is Kunle Remi. Kunle Remi was a contestant in the GUS show in 2010; season 7 precisely.
www.ogefash.com (Gist blog)
www.ogefash.review (Music translation and movies)
www.ogefash.reviews (Music translation and movies)