Eight (8) things people did not know about Nollywood actress, Rachel Oniga before her death
(Kindly scroll down to read the 8 things about her) https://youtu.be/rsMgSFTGvRs
Nollywood actress, Rachel Oniga’s death has been retracted by…
The death of popular Nollywood actress, Rachel Oniga on Friday, 30th July surprised all.
This is because the May 23rd, 1957 born actress was still very much active on her various social media platforms weeks before her death, and had even also attended the premiere of one of the latest movies she featured in “My Village People.”
Although her last post was on Tuesday, June 8, 2021; the actress was looking all hale and hearty. Rachel had excitedly shared a post about the premiere of the movie “My Village People.” She had taken a picture with a male colleague Derele Edun, and a female colleague.
Rachel Oniga’s 64th birthday message to herself can be viewed below:
“Happy birthday to me, the Lord has been faithful to me and my family.”
Rachel Oniga died of heart related issues. However, the whole news media gave a false report about the cause of her death, saying it was COVID 19.
Rachel Oniga’s sister, Deaconess Toyin Odusoe has however retracted the fake cause of death being shared by various News media by sharing the correct cause of death.
View Toyin’s post below
Official press release from the family
An official statement on the passing of Chief Rachel Tabuno Oniga
With a heavy heart and total submission to God, we write to announce passing unto glory of our beloved sister, mother and grandmother, Chief Rachel Tabuno Oniga.
She died in Lagos hospital at the age of 64, on Friday, 30th of July 2021, at about 10pm. Contrary to diverse reports informing that she died from COVID-19 complications, we write to inform the general public that she died from a heart related issue, an ailment she battled with for a short period before her demise.
We accept her sudden transition as God’s design, and we see it as a function of a race of life well finished. Painful as it may be we accept it in good faith and in total submission to her maker… We therefore desire to be allowed to mourn her death privately for now, as we do this with deep sense of respect for her soul and the glorious life she lived.
Burial arrangement will be announced in due cause. We appreciate the calls, messages, condolences expressed by everyone, and we pray for a sweet repose of her beautiful soul. Please, accept this release as the only authentic one on behalf of the family, until we come up with another.
Deaconess Toyin Odusoe (Sister)
For the family.
Eight (8) things people did not know about Rachel Oniga before her death…
1. She was from Eku, Delta state. However, she was born in Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
2. She was once married, but divorced her husband. After her first marriage, she did not give marriage another trial.
3. Her success rose after she divorced her husband.
4. Rachel loved to travel a lot. She spent most of her time Abroad and did a lot of tours.
5. Before her death, she had finished shooting lots of movies including “My village people” and “Chief Daddy 2.”
6. She was versatile, and interpreted every role given to her flawlessly. She acted both in English and Yoruba movies, but more of English movies.
7. One Nollywood actress she was close to was, Funke Akindele Bello.
8. She was of mixed religion, both Christian and Muslim.
What y’all think?
Rachel Oniga would be greatly missed in the industry. May the soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of christ rest in peace.